March 21, 2004

I had to get up at 7 after falling asleep around 5 AM last night.. LOL.. Then I hauled ass over to the dojo to wait for Sensei.

Tournament was today, both tournaments I might add. I went to the one that was an open tournament. I was kinda fun.. A little unorganized though, but no more than the one I usually go. Took 1st sparring and 3rd form. Not bad I guess. I got home and well, crashed.. LOL.

I really didn't expect to be the only one with the kenpo gi.. (black with red/white/blue stripes along the shoulders down the sleeves and also down the legs of the pants) I mean, I expect more color, instead we got black or white.. there were tae kwon do, kung fu, karate several styles of them. It was interesting to see the forms... although there didn't seem to be that many on them. No one was doing 4 or 5 kata, saw 3 pinan from a black belt and that was it.

No comments: