May 08, 2007

Claymore: manga

I've reading through all 10 vol. of the manga the day before. I picked them up from 1-10, missing only vol. 7 and 9, but I picked those up yesterday and I read through all of them. I liked it, a lot and quite happy that the anime is following to the manga closely (or well, it seemed to so far)

We got to see Clare, the protagonist, as an emotionless being that a Claymore seemed to portrait in the beginning, coming into the village according to an order, we also learned that they worked as an organization, and the Claymore were once human girl that accept the Yoma's flesh to be half human half demon, and Claymore only have female, no male. Clare picked up a boy, or rather he followed her and begged to be with her (he had no one now that all his family was eaten and killed, and no one in the village was going to accept him, seeing him as a potential Yoma.)

So, she let him go with her, against her better judgment. And we learned more later that Clare was not the best in the organization, but the opposite, she was the last number, the worse in skill. And we saw why... she was saved by Teresa the former no.1 (not directly) she refused to be part from her. And later, when Teresa died she accept her flesh, making Clare only a quarter demon.

She improved although, not a sturdy progress, seemed weaker in some instant and stronger in others. I'm hoping there'll be no romance between her and the boy, cause that would so ruined it for me. And I do hope that the story won't turn out like Berserk, which still on going. So many potential slash pairing. Ummmmmm...

Spiderman 3.

Saw it, I kinda like it, although it seemed to be too much time span in only 1 movie. The Goblin (Hop Goblin??) Sandman, Venom, it would've been better to take, maybe Sandman out, so that they could focus more on the other two, or better yet, only 1 enemy. Maybe only Venom, they could go deeper into the details that way. 'Cause all we get to see were flashes of how he behaved and such, but no sense of how much time, or how long he was that way, which annoyed me, but all in all in was entertaining enough, and I do like Goblin. :)

No comments: