December 01, 2003

So long have I watched and waited.

So long have I wanted you.

Ever since that first moment, just outside of this place. You came running, afraid of being too late to save... me. How cavaliar of you, how brave, how the noble one always ready to save those in need of saving.

I could feel you then, coming right up behind me.

I can hear you, talking to your friends, running. The sounds of your heels hitting the ashalt. I didn't need you to save me, and I could feel your surprise, that there's someone that doesn't need your help.

We were introduced then, and me filling you in on my stories. I was talking, but mostly I was listening.

Listening to the things that you’ve said.

Anything, everything, always.

Always waiting in the shadow, till you needed me.

Every night waiting just on the outside, for you to come out. After the time with your friends. So blind, they are. They couldn't see. They couldn't understand the fight, the rush.

There’re just you and me, Lady B.

Just you and me.

The two disappeared into the night.

No comments: