January 13, 2010

progress : Mushroom dollhouse

I got 5 layers of papermache down before I removed the cap part off of the mold, and that was when I realized that it wasn't thick at all. And it'll take a hell of a lot more to thicken it up to the point where I can really use it.

But at least it holds its shape.

I read someone else's attempt, and after I read that she only had 2 layers down before removing it, I thought to myself, what made she thinks that it would be thick enough? But that's her attempt. I told myself to go through at least 5 layers before doing that, since I do not have a core of anything to help. 10-20 more layers before it's workable. I think.

I already put down a layer of craftpaper which is thicker than newsprint on the stem. I'll do that for a couple layers, and on the cap to see how that works, even though this was intended to be recycle, and I had to buy craft paper on big roll. Since I had it for pastel drawing anyway, it works out.

The 42" LCD tv works out well. I still owed my sister some money, but she didn't come over yet, so I'll give it to her when I see her. Apparently she wanna order some wigs, so, I'll see to that.

I recently ordered 2 dresses from Tanya's Style for her. Tanya was extremely nice about it, because I e-mail her and not going through the ordering system that she set up. She even gave a free dress too. She's awesome. I'm a fan.

I sorta have in mind what I wanna do with the mushroom dollhouse. I think for the furniture insides, my theme would be found object, as in things that find and mod to suit my purpose.

We'll see how it goes.

No comments: