January 09, 2008

Medium, National Treasure, birthday plan

Medium : The first episode for this season, a really late start to the season. But I guess it's a good time, since it retain the old slot of Monday night. And while nothing else is on because of the strike and all.

I wonder how that's gonna play out. I hope it all ends well.

Anyway, back to Medium.

Now Allison and family had to deal with the fact that she was 'out' and everyone knew her name and half of the people believe her, the other half didn't. Manny was gone, about to come back, he didn't know what was gonna happen to him, his career and everything else. The new DA was an ass that concern more with the image, as far as I can tell.

Even Scanlon, he had seen what Allison can do and yet he ignored her. I do understand that association with Allison made him some sort of social outcast, so much so that he was reduced to talking about safety with the school children. So, he's resenting her, but then over the last season he's been doing this thing, where he'd disregard what she said or what she told him, even though she was proven to be right over and over again. What was his problem? The fact that he's a hard ass homicide cop? Even cops take intuitive leap sometimes, don't they?

His attitude probably isn't going to improve, even though the clue she gave him was right, once again. Won't even credit her with it, even to himself. (I don't expect him to run to the DA and tell him where he got the clue.)

The investigator, well, she had some sense about her and it's good that she recognized what Allison can do for her and for the work she's doing. This episode was mostly about transition. At least she refused to ignore who she was (like she'd done when she was younger, by drinking herself silly so she didn't hear or see anything) and still trying to help. Too bad that her husband and the kids had to suffer too.

Well, she's got a way of making a living now, so it should get better from here (or maybe not). I'm looking forward to where Manny is back and now he fits into all of this. If he's still gonna be DA or they just permanently replaced him.

I finally got to see National Treasure.

It's been out for a long while by this point, and I finally get the chance. It was entertaining, certainly, more sight seeing, and kinda funny at some point, but I think the whole adventure thing.. um.. could've been better. And the bad guy turned into an OK guy.. no I did not like that. He started so promising and just turned into 'that' at the end? Man.. so all the thing he did was so that his name could be in history? Seems like a lot of effort for someone that seemed to concern himself with money.

Well, at least it wasn't a bust. I would've been really disappointed otherwise.

Today is my friend's little sister's birthday. And on the 12th is another girl's birthday, and the 19th is mine. I guess I'll throw a little get together thing, mostly to eat, and I won't be the one to arrange it, my aunt will take care of all the food. :)

I still have to be the one to drive her to get them though.

What do I want for my birthday, well, no one asks me that. Probably no one will. *sigh* so I guess I'll have to get things for myself if I want anything. I don't think my poor wallet could take it though.

I better drop by to see grandma, I hadn't seen her in a really long while. She was the one who raised me when I was 2 to about 7. Saturday, I think.

I lost another fish the other day, angel fish, he got stuck underneath some rock, stupid fish. Oh well, they are so fragile anyhow.

My optical mouse is being a bi-otch it kept flicker in and out, and I never drop the thing to warrant this kind of reaction. I'm thinking of getting a new one, but then it came in a set of keyboard and mouse set (wireless desktop set by Kensington)

Mom wants a new mouse because while I have a spare mouse (they gave me one when I got the laptop) it was too small and she said it doesn't feel good in her palm. Yup, new mouse, big one...

Well, right now it is working, so... we'll see how it goes.

No comments: