November 26, 2007

My mother's purchases today.

My mom always like handmade things (so do I, for that matter) More respect for those that made these things for living, it's not easy and people don't always wanna pay the price of the labor. Sometime it's the value of it and not the value of materials that add up to the price.

I can never do these things for living, I spend far too much money on things. :) I do make paper (recycle, since we got cards and such that got cut up, and will get burn otherwise, a waste if you ask me) and I use those paper to make a book, which I usually just give them to my friends. If they want it that is.

Well, my mother got these today... they made from dried palm leaves, the guy was awesome, my mom bought from him twice.. they are less than a dollar each (US dollar) the legs are made from aluminum can, he told my mom that he sold them to the other place more expensive because the woman didn't seem to care for them (why did she buy them is beyond me) consider the fact that it's all made by hand, so kudos for the guy.

I would post more pix, but maybe later.

And I got the r/c illu that my friend asked me to do as a favor done, it's not that big only 24"x24" much smaller than the other ones I've been making, especially as a portraits. I made them with black matt sticker on white future board (that's what they called it) looks nice if you hold it up to the light, but well, these will be on wall. I probably won't touch it anymore, done is done.

Off to do something else now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

X I've been super busy and also ill. I'm better now. I'm heading to horseshoe point on Thurs. I know you said it's kinda hard to get to but there's a chance I might go to pattaya as my friend wants to shop. So, if you can and want, email me your handphone no and where you work or something, maybe we can meet up! cin at a moo point dot com.