July 03, 2003

A phone called earlier today, it was Karen, she wanted to know if I can go with her to pick up some stuff for her wedding album, we planned to go on Thursday, but I guess she already clear her work early on today so she wanted to get it over with, so I went, took a look at what she had done, which basically organized the photos and put them in, but she wanted to decorate it, make it look more interesting, figure I could give her ideas, well, I guess graphic design students like us gotta do something more, can't just leve it plain. She said everyone that looked at it before me said it looked good, and here I was telling her that it was plain, which she had been saying to everyone else.

We picked up a few things, I never realized they have that kind of thing (tiny little flowers, wedding dress, tux, silver/gold fork and knife, stars etc.) They were for greeting card (make it yourself) So she picked up a few things. I told her she should draw something for the corners with gold pen (not every corners mind you) but she refused, afraid she might ruin it. I doubt she will, but then she kept saying she can't draw. Oh well, I would offer to do it for her, cause I think a little vile and stuff would look good.. didn't even have to just draw it, can just trance.. and we could use pencil then trance over with gold or silver pen, but nah.. if she wanted me to do it for her she'll ask.

So I had late lunch with her (more like she's watching and I ate. She's vegetarian, not much she can order in resturant.) Then I went right in for karate, we got some older guy signed up last week, he came in. 2 women came in to watch the class, and they left in the middle. Cat was off a little today I think, she usually can take me down, with me going down for her, but today, I didn't resist or anything she couldn't. The fact that she kicked a little too high didn't help, she kicked right just below my knee, and so I would more likely to kneel over and not fall back. Had to put the shin guards on for that (backward.) We'll do better tomorrow.

I'm gonna pick a new picture to draw, gotta keep it sharp. I like doing things with my hand, maybe that's why I respect people that work with their hands much much more (notice I like watching people work, building things.. that's why I like watching the motorcycle special in discovery channel, American Chopper, Motorcycle Mania, Birth of V-Rod.) Actually I respect everyone that do the things they do so well. Amazed me what people can do.

No comments: