July 04, 2003

Saw T3, I liked it, a lot. I won't post anything, in case some didn't see it yet. Nice actions, nice explosives, nice destructions, my type of thing. ^_^

There were only 3 people in class today, of course, people tend to slack of things like this during summer. So there was this guy Allen (whom I don't really like to work with) Elizabeth, Cat went to see the movie.. So we were practicing, then Sensei Al came with this thing that during the class at anytime he might call out.. push up, sit up and stuff we'll have to stop what we were doing and drop and give him 20. We did like a set of 75-100 of each thing before class already, but anyway, you do what you're told. That's just how it is.

I read something the other day, about how a lot of the dojo are dropping the kata from their lessons, because they see no point of it. And I don't agree with that, though we're not. Kata are good, they help us practice the defence in the perfect senario. Block hard, strike hard, be acurate and you don't need a partner whom might get hurt if you get too close and punch as hard as you need to (or block) I just thing traditions are good, thousand years of practice, it can't be wrong.

Helga is in her Buffy kick right now.. she watch through the entire season 7. Now I can discuss the end with her, cause she'd seen it. I was telling her about the nickname that Faith gave each of them and she was like 'oh, German translation didn't really give that' Well, I'm glad I still have someone I can talk to about these things.

No comments: