September 20, 2007

Watching : ST : Voyager

I finally got the rubber cover grill thing (the kind they use to hang stuff in stores) And I had to cut it up to size (I thought they would have more sizes, but apparently they did not) My hands hurt from it, but it got it cut and I put the bricks and cords from both the HDD external on it and tied it up with zipties, just so I can get them off of the floor (easier to clean up) and I really don't want a nest of wire to clutter up around the HDD external (the drives were hot enough without anything around) it improves the air circulation immensely, which is what I wanted.

And after that I still got a piece big enough, so I brought it to the store. Originally, I had the DSL modem and the excess wires and cords in the drawer, which of course, doesn't have any air circulation at all. I couldn't leave the drawer open or someone will definitely trip on it. Not a very good thing, seeing how it'll probably be my mother.

So, I tied up the cords and modem onto the grill and then the power strip, and the LAN line, as well as the excess phoneline. All of them quite long, but it's better now and the modem won't get too hot anymore. I put up a 3M hook to hold the grill upright, it was a small hook, but since it doesn't have to hold up any weight, but simply hold it in place, I'm not really worry. The mess looks much, much better now, I think.

Now I'm thinking I should get one of those twist tie thing. Tomorrow I think.

No comments: