September 01, 2007

Today was my day off, actually I should say that it's the day that the store closes, however, I don't actually get it off, the only difference is, I get to sleep late, but that's about it. So, I had to take my aunt shopping (getting things for my house, and such, still I'm a driver) And it usually before I get my breakfast/lunch.

Anyhow, I decided to go to the movie, 'cause I want to. Went to see 'Invasion' stared Nicole Kidman. It was good, I was kinda surprise, well, a little. It started like typical Alien invasion movie, (something like Puppetmaster came to mind) There's a sense of urgency throughout the movie, which I liked, a lot. Kept me on the edge of my seat and I didn't get bored, although there were times that the movie was a bit confusing, but I do think that it fitted the state of mind that the main character was in.

Nicole Kidman looked pretty good in it, too. So, it's a plus. I like her in these kind of role, her desperation and exhaustion was palpable (well, makeup does help, with those red rimmed eyes, tousled hair) The way her face barely contain the feeling when the character had to be out among the Alien.

The transformation from human to alien during REM sleep was not overdone. I've seen a lot of movies that just pushed the gore just a bit too much. This one was on the minimal side. Though there was this one scene when the Press conference was going on and the waiters at the back were basically barfing into the water, YUCK!! And I was eating, too.

The movie was shorter than I'd expected it. A little under 2 hours (maybe I watched those movies too much, the ones that were just won't work under 2 hours, always 2 and a half or more) And with a happy ending. LOL. I half expected to see her turned and all hope lost at the end, even though I knew it wasn't going to be that way. And it wasn't, everything got saved in the nick of time.

When the movie was over it was before 11pm. So it was pretty good, since it wasn't too late and meant that I will get to bed before 3am. I've learned that the later I get home is the even later I'd go to bed. I once got home at 4:30am. from my friend's house, we were talking and just completely forgot the time, anyhow, I got home and still I got cleaned up and other things, I ended up really going to be after 5am. Me and my bad habit, I guess.

I also found a store which, I think I'd become a regular. LOL. I do love toys. I was thinking of getting something to raise up the bottom of my laptop and I found these little things they sold there, perfect, really perfect. Well, that's a story for tomorrow. :)

I'm gonna go watch Mai Otome (again) now.

No comments: