August 14, 2002

Status: a bit sleepy
Listen: just me brushing my teeth sound

I don't get it. I guess I don't get a lot of things, but she takes the cake. I hadn't really try to do anything, or annoying her or being a smart ass. I hadn't been doing any of it. Open mouth insert foot. I don't talk, she bites my head off, I talk then she also bites my head off. She said she doesn't understand why I tried to annoy her, why I'm being a smartass with her. She said that the X-Files episode we watch last night wasn't the last on the disc, and I agreed and said that the last ep on the disc was Talitha Cumi, how is that being a smartass. I thougth she wanted to watch something else. I'm trying to take my teacher's advice to heart, control the things you can and stop worry about the things you can't control. I've never read LotR, I just never get around to it, even after watching the movie and loving it. I just didn't go out and buy the book, I had something else to occupy my time at that point. She tends to forget (or maybe she just wants to) that english is my second language, I've been in the U.S. for 6 years and in that span of time there are a lot of things I didn't get into till recently. She thinks that I could never get through the book. Ok... I can take that as a challenge and that will definitely get me through the book. I don't think she really knew me as well as she thought she does. On some level, she knew me better than anyone and on the other, she doesn't know me at all. Strange that she would assume so much, but know so little. I'm not going to come out of my shell just because she wants me to. She can make any comment into an insult and doesn't even give a shit. I don't know why I'm still here at all. I really don't know.

No comments: