August 17, 2002

Status: Miserable
Listen: Come Undone [ Duran Duran ]

All I wanted is just one more day with you. One extra day, it would've meant so much to me. But I had to leave, eventually, and there's absolutely nothing I can do about it. I hated that you're not close by, I hated that I can't just go see you when I want to without having it being such a big deal. But it is a big deal with I go see you, and it can't be any other way, not when you live that far away. I wish it was different. I wish I could just get up, walk into the other room and see you there. Funny that I feel this strongly about you, and I have no idea if I mean anything at all to you. I knew that I would feel this way, at the beginning of every trip, and all I could do is hoping that it wouldn't be as hard as the last time, but it never worked. It is still just as hard as it was the first time to leave as it was this time. And I'll bet that it'll stay just as hard no matter how many time I visit, no matter how many time I have to leave, it'll still remain the hardest thing I have to do. Maybe when the feelings fade away, and I don't feel more toward you than just a friend, then it won't be as bad. I dread that day. I'm afraid that, that day will come, creeping upon me and then there will be nothing left inside of me, not for you and not for anyone. In this I found that I could feel, like everyone else, that there is something or someone in this world that could move me. Even if this end badly as I think it would, I will still be grateful that you had provened me wrong. That I could feel. That my walls are not as thick and as high as everyone thought they are.

No comments: